Laser therapy is now used to treat a wide variety of cosmetic concerns in dermatology. It is used to get rid of hair that grows in unwanted places and zap away age spots. The benefits of using lasers are extensive—they can provide effective results much sooner. Consider the most frequently asked questions that many patients have about the laser treatments offered by Kimberly Bacharach, PA-C at CU Dermatology Boulder in Boulder, CO.
What Types of Laser Treatments Are Available?
At CU Dermatology Boulder, you can have a number of common cosmetic problems corrected with lasers. Here are a few applications:
- Reduction in the appearance of acne, angiomas, sun spots, facial veins, and scars.
- Laser hair removal.
- Photo-rejuvenation and resurfacing.
- Treatment for stubborn cases of rosacea.
What to Expect During a Laser Treatment
Lasers use focused, light and energy to remove unwanted cells or hair follicles. You may feel a bit of warmth when having a laser applied to your skin, but many modern tools are equipped with cooling mechanisms to maximize your comfort. In some cases, you may need to visit us on several occasions to get the full results of a laser treatment.
What Aftercare Is Needed for Laser Treatments?
We will discuss aftercare steps for you before you undergo laser treatment. This is some of the advice you’ll likely receive:
- Do not wash with hot water for at least a couple of days after a skin laser treatment.
- Avoid high-energy exercise for a few days.
- Stay hydrated and stay out of the sun for at least a week (wear a sufficient SPF sunscreen if you have to spend time outside).
- Talk to us if you see blisters or other skin anomalies appear in the treated area.
More Questions? Contact Us
With the various laser treatments available at CU Dermatology Boulder in Boulder, CO, there’s a very good likelihood we'll be able to help with your cosmetic concern. Call (303) 315-9980 today to make an appointment with Kimberly Bacharach, PA-C.